If there was a manual on receiving oral sex, nobody told me about it. I would have loved to read it, especially during those first few years of experimentation. As awkward as it might have been, sometimes I wish someone sat me down and told me what to expect when receiving oral. Here are a few items I wish I heard.
1. It’s okay to suggest tips for him to do it better next time. It’s all in the delivery. For example, you could try over-complimenting him on the (few) things he did well, then it’s natural for those things to stick out in his mind next time.
2. Your vagina doesn’t look weird. Odds are, it simply looks like a vagina. Ta da.
3. You don’t have to lie still. It’s alright to move your body. In fact, he’ll probably love that.
4. Try not to focus on how long it’s taking you to orgasm. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and then it really will take you longer.
5. Just because a certain method worked on his ex-girlfriend doesn’t mean it’s going to work on you. And you might simply need to tell him that. If somehow he admits to using the same move on every girl.
6. Most likely, you don’t smell weird. I know it’s a common concern, and yes you probably will still think about it during. But also think about this, does he worry about how he smells down there when you go down on him? Maybe, but most likely he’s focused on how it’s going to make him feel. Maybe you should do the same.
7. Try not to think about how his face is where you pee. Trust me on this one.